Castor7+: Tough black 7″ with nice, selectable position light!
A distinctive 7″ auxiliary light in modern black for those who want something more brutal and tough than the traditional „tame“ look of auxiliary lights today. Looks at least as good when resting as it is working! Comes with a full 36 month warranty
✓ Tough black 7″ LED additional light with eye-catching position light!
✓ E-marked (E8 ref.30), ECE R112 / R7 (white position light) / R10
✓ Selectable position light in white or yellow-orange
TIR stands for Total Inner Reflection and means that all light is effectively reflected and directed before it is sent out from the reflector. The stray light (the light that is not directed but that disappears „unfocused“ out of the lighting without doing any real use) is minimized. A traditional reflector directs and focuses most of the light but far from all.
In summary: You get more efficient light on the road and make the most of every LED on the auxiliary light with the TIR reflectors!
Driving Beam light image
Driving Beam’s reflectors are all computer generated and manufactured to give a similar light image as combo but more even and within the framework of what is legal. It mimics and reinforces the car’s existing headlights and light image.
Mounting on the vehicle
What else is needed?
- We strongly recommend using our DT relay with original connection to connect the LED auxiliary light to the vehicle. You then have the option to choose between controlling the auxiliary light with a button or connecting it to the high beam (the auxiliary light then turns on and off automatically together with when the high beam turns on and off, which most people prefer). There is then also a fuse between the auxiliary light and the battery to prevent possible damage to the battery and other equipment.
- Can be mounted smoothly and neatly with the help of a license plate holder or pipe bracket.
- E-marked (E8, ref. 30), ECE R112 / R7 (white position light) / R10 – Read more about E-marks here
- EMC protected (do not interfere with the radio)
- With position lights (4 LEDs) yellow-orange or xenon white (switch on the color you want)
- „Driving beam“ light pattern (wide and oblong)
- 5400 lumens (theoretical), 4590 lumens (actual)
- Range 760 m (0.25 lux), 380 m (1 lux)
- Cool white light (6500 K)
- TIR optical system (Total Inner Reflection)
- Pressure equalization membrane
- 36 month warranty
- 60 W (12 x 5 W LG Innotek LED)
- Nominal power 50.4 W
- IP68 (water/dustproof) – Read more about IP rating here
- DT connector (supplied)
- Electronic heat management
- Voltage 9-36 V
- Load 4.2 A @ 12 V and 2.0 A @ 24 V
Dimensions & weight:
- Width: 180 mm
- Height: 191.4 mm (incl. bracket)
- Depth: 48 mm
- Weight: 1.2 kg
- Cable length: 650 mm
- Castor7+ LEDSON LED additional light 7″
- Bolts and screws to attach the auxiliary light with a centered attachment point
- DT connector (4-pin), complete with DT relay harness
- Installation instructions
- DT adapter
Installation instructions for cables (detailed installation instructions included):
- Red: Extra light (+)
- Black: Additional light / Position light (- ground)
- White: Position light (+) xenon white light
- Yellow: Position light (+) yellow-orange light
NOTE: The DT connector must not be cut as this means an increased risk of moisture damage and the warranty then ceases to apply.