Pollux9 Generation 2!
Pollux9 is upgraded to a Gen2: a little more light but the same stylish design and high quality! Now you get 1 lux brightness 480 meters away compared to previously 425 meters for Drive and 1 lux brightness 574 meters away compared to previously 545 meters for Spot
TIR stands for Total Inner Reflection and means that all light is effectively reflected and directed before it is sent out from the reflector. The stray light (the light that is not directed but that disappears „unfocused“ out of the lighting without doing any real use) is minimized. A traditional reflector directs and focuses most of the light but far from all, Pollux 9 has TIR reflectors.
In summary: You get more efficient light on the road and make the most of every LED on the auxiliary light with the TIR reflectors that the Pollux9 is equipped with!
Pollux9 with Driving Beam light image
Driving Beam’s reflectors are all computer generated and manufactured to give a similar light image as combo but more even and within the framework of what is legal. It mimics and reinforces the car’s existing headlights and light image.
Pollux9 with Spot light image
A spot light image provides a focused light beam straight ahead to illuminate the road in front of the car in the maximum possible way. This is ideal if you do a lot of country or motorway driving with a lot of visible road ahead. Also called high beam.
- Driving beam (item no. 33491230) or spot beam (item no. 33491231) light pattern (select version)
- E-marked Driving Beam: (E8, ref. 37.5), ECE R112 / R10 / R7 – Read more about E-marks here
- E-marked Spot Beam: (E8, ref. 50), ECE R112 / R10 / R7
- Range Driving Beam: 960 m (0.25 lux), 480 m (1 lux)
- Range Spot Beam: 1148 m (0.25 lux), 574 m (1 lux)
- EMC protected (do not interfere with the radio)
- With position light (4 LEDs)
- 12000 lumens (theoretical), 9600 lumens (actual)
- Cool white light (6500 K)
- TIR optical system (Total Inner Reflection)
- Pressure equalization membrane
- 36 month warranty
- 120 W (12 x 10 W Cree XM-L2 LED)
- Nominal power 92.4 W
- IP68 (water/dustproof) – Read more about IP rating here
- DT connector (supplied)
- Electronic heat management
- Voltage 9-36 V
- Load 7.7 A @ 12 V and 3.6 A @ 24 V
Dimensions & weight:
- Width: 218 mm
- Height: 234.5 mm (incl. bracket)
- Depth: 68.5 mm
- Weight: 1.9 kg
- Cable length: 650 mm
- Pollux9 LEDSON LED additional light 9″
- Bolts and screws to attach the auxiliary light with either one or two attachment points
- DT connector (3-pin)
- Installation instructions
Installation instructions for cables (detailed installation instructions included):
- Red: Extra light (+)
- Black: Additional light / Position light (- ground)
- White: Position light (+)
NOTE: The DT connector must not be cut as this means an increased risk of moisture damage and the warranty then ceases to apply.